Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Have you justified your existence today?
When an attorney comes into my office and asks me to find a statute/case/etc. that she/he has been unable to locate, it can go one of either two ways: 1) I spend the next four or five days slogging through search engines and legal documents, trying to find the unfindable and utterly failing, thus proving to the world that legal interns are useless and anyone could have tried and failed equally well, why on earth are we paying this person to sit in her office and look "professional" in that green, perpetually confused sort of way; 2) by some stroke of good luck, I think of a slightly different way to search that brings results in a matter of minutes, I look sharp, I feel like a sucess, and my entire intern-y existence is justified for at least the remainder of the day. It's always a toss up. Thank the powers that be, today was of the latter variety. Congratulations to me and my wicked westlaw skillz. Hey, it's a tough field, the law, and I've got to take whatever victory I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats, research stud!!
Post a Comment