Having lived with flourescent hell for nearly four weeks now, I've been coveting the slightly shabby looking stand up lamp in the office next to mine. I was pretty sure somebody was working there when I started here. In fact, unless I completely hallucinated having a politely awkward conversation with a recent law school graduate who is now - depressingly - offering her services in the land planning division for free as an intern, after having killed herself to recieve an LLM, I
know it was previously occupied. But the sign on her office isn't there anymore and the place has looked abandoned for the past week or so. My supervisor is in a different division so I really had no idea whether she was still there and braving the hallway to ask Mr. I-Clear-My-Throat-So-Loudly-That-A-Door-And-Your-Music-Cannot-Stop-You-From-Hearing-It (think it's a German name) about her apparent absence.
Today, I decided I didn't care anymore and pulled off some major covert ops madness to steal an actual lamp.
It's not very bright - only one 60 watt bulb and I have no windows to let in natural light - but it
is very cozy now. Especially with my bevy of orchestral masses and whatnots playing on the computer. Sure, it may inspire napping in days to come, but for now it simply smells of VICTORY!!
1 comment:
In other news, it only took me short of a month to set up my voicemail at the office! Phones confuse me, what can I say?
Post a Comment