I wrote a perhaps painfully long update which blogger took upon itself to spare from my gentle readers by immediately deleting it with claims of multiple edits at the same time or some other hookum. And so, you are left (to your perhaps great relief) with the mere nutshell edition.
Now that the family body count seems to be holding steady and I'm officially registered in all my classes, things can return to some semblance of "normal" (I hear that snickering in the back row). My class roster officially: Evidence, Administrative Law, Negotiations, and Advanced Mediation Clinic. Evidence is my karmic reward for surviving criminal procedure: the teacher is beyond awesome, funny, full of sound educational philosophical leanings, and otherwise actually dedicated to the idea of helping all of his students do well (fancy that), instead of mocking them, hiding the ball and otherwise discouraging us all to find new jobs at Denny's. Admin Law is actually Con Law: REDUX, which is probably good for me, since despite my high marks in the class, I didn't understand a damn thing that happened during those two hours a day. Negotiations is fascinating for me, having been the neutral third party facilitator - I think mediation really helped me understand the framework and cognitive underpinnings of negotiations, but applying those to myself when I have my own agenda can be a whole other world. And Advanced Mediation Clinic was invented a few days ago with myself, my mediation clinic professor, and another girl from the clinic. Details to be announced, but it promises to be pretty awesome. And until we work out a time schedule (Julia, the clinic head, was just on her way to conference when we hatched this scheme) my weekends start at noon on Thursday (PARTY!!!)
In other news, I've lost a part of my identity and succumbed to the moniker of "morning person" (gasp). It's quite an odd transition and I wonder if it will prove to be more situational or permanent over the next few years. I've also discovered greek yogurt and its holy union with pecans and berries. The world will never be the same for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment