Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fashunnnn - His and Hers (on loan) Leather Pants

I like what isn't mine. I guess this is human nature. I never really want dessert, cheese, pasta, but I do want a nibble of somebody else's. Most of my loved ones have learned to accept this to the point that I really have to be careful to remember which people it is and is not acceptable to pick from. I know the day will come where I'll be out with a colleague or friend and meet their horrified gaze as I reach across the table to pick out a particularly attractive piece of tofu, or nibble on a cookie before leaving it back on their plate. I am so lucky to have people who tolerate me on this, because sampling what others have is one of the spices of my life (additional spices include turmeric, cayenne, chipotle, cumin...)

I may do the same this with clothes. From time to time, I end up appropriating some item or other of Mr. (W)right's. Maybe it's a pair of pants or a baggy sweater, but it's often something that makes it way from temporary loan to Property of Adella Thompson (goes with the tattoo that I've secretly been inking on his nether regions while he sleeps).

Yesterday, it was his hallowed college-days leather pants. He's worn them a total of once since we've been together and categorically proved to himself in that experience that (1) leather pants were not meant for warm steamy blues dancing, (2) they don't fit him quite like they used to in "the old days" before he developed a little more junk in his trunk since college, due more to a few too many 15% grade hill climbs on a bike than a few too many chocolate cheesecakes, although to be sure the man can put away quite a lot of both steep hill climbs *and* insanely caloric desserts.

At any rate, my pants continue not to fit (see every other blog posting or so I have ever made) and I continue to be a cold blooded animal in a household without much insulation, so they have been my saving grace. Leather pants are warm! Also these stay on me without threatening to fall off. It tends to amuse Andrew when I wear his clothes, and he kept remarking about how differently they fit me than him.

Including his snazzy leather pants. They're really a bit too short on me and were definitely made for men, since they actually have too much room in the quadriceps, which no women's pants ever would do on somebody with my musculature (I am kind of awesomely ripped in the legs).  

Anyways, they are on loan to me for now, since I can wear them without risking being arrested in public parks. This plus the pair of (size 4 - yes, we are verging into vanity sizing of even more thrilling proportions! and these proportions are definitely a bit lacking in the inseam division) pants that I bought on sale a few days ago equals a pants wardrobe of two whole pairs that mostly fit but are too short on me!

Thank god my fellow is such a fashionisto (that's the proper masculine form of fashionista right?) so I can pilfer his wardrobe and come out looking spiffier. 

For my future catalog collection, we will also be featuring the latest in trendy-trends: cycling wear. It is screaming for a hipster conquest. 

I'm really quite excited about heading up the men's pantalon style. Kind of like the women's harem pants, but shinier and poofier.And more likely to be orange, red or yellow! Also who doesn't need one of these hats? I mean you can see this damned thing from space!

Also, after about a week of angsting and miscommunications and sizing mayhem, Andrew has a new rain jacket. I can't really steal that from him ... yet. He's rather attached to it. 


No comments: